Friday, January 8, 2010

Alanis gets a little ADD in upcoming book

Alanis gets a little ADD in upcoming book

With a deadline of this spring, Alanis Morissette is nearing completion of her first book, which is sure to be a melange of greatness.

"It's really turned out to be a very philosophical, non-precious, photograph, travelogue, essays -- a little ADD," Morissette says. "It's all over the place, but there's a linear pathway throughout it all. It's kind of my fantasy book, the kind of book I wish I could read all the time from other people."

This is very welcome news, as right now I'm in the middle of meth addict turned mom Jodie Sweetin's memoir UnSweetined, and it is just about killing me. I can't wait to read a book by a sane person who doesn't insert "How Rude!" references into every other paragraph.

Morissette, who cites a Jack Kerouac reader as one of her inspirations, says any personal experiences expressed in her book will not be gratuitous.

"Part of my vocation, not to get too heavy-handed with it, is to share my personal experience," she says. "So if I were to share anecdotes or stories or little bit of personal history it's less for the sake of egotistically needing to share some magnum opus memoir with the world cause I'm pretty tired of my own story. [It's] more just to share anything I can that might help people skip over some tough experiences, kind of becoming the sister that I never had for other people."

Thank you India! (Sorry. Pin a rose on my nose. Ah! I can't stop!)

No comments:

Post a Comment