Monday, January 11, 2010

Best of '09: top songs (part 2)

Best of '09: top songs (part 2)

Okay, so part of me knew I wouldn't get part two of my best songs of '09 post up on New Year's Day. I slept until 6 p.m., alright?

But I had no idea I'd then fall into a two day chip-eating, 90210-watching, lazy-ass-on-the-couch coma.

So now, four days into 2010, here are my top ten songs of 2009:

10. Can't Have It All, Jay Brannan
If you can fall in love with someone through one of their songs, then this is the one that made me fall for Jay.

9. Single Ladies, Beyonce
I really hated If I Were A Boy, and tried to resist Single Ladies as long as possible. But dammit all if I don't fine my hips shaking every time it plays!

8. Hot N Cold, Katy Perry
Thanks to the literal choreography we developed at Kelly's cottage, this song made me forget how much I hate Perry's I Kissed A Girl.

7. Already Gone, Kelly Clarkson
A standout from All I Ever Wanted, and despite the similarities, way better than Beyonce's Halo.

6. Use Somebody, Kings of Leon
This song appeared on last year's list at number eight. And thanks to my resurged love for it in summer 09, it makes it two years in a row!

5. Good Girls Go Back, Cobra Starship f/ Leighton Meester
Stupid but catchy, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this song marks the beginning and end of Leighton Meester's music career.

4. How Long, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings
One of the two CDs Seth Green brought on the NYC road trip was by Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. Months later when I heard How Long in Club Monaco, I knew I recognized it for some reason and had to go home and download immediately.

3. We Are Golden, Mika
My summer anthem!

2. Don't Stop Believing, the cast of Glee
Glee's version of the Journey classic made me a fan of the show before it even premiered.

1. My Life Would Suck Without You, Kelly Clarkson
It was January 13 when My Life Would Suck Without You filled my eardrums with its delicious pop perfection for the first time. Since then, I've listened to it a mere 1,060 times. That means I spent about 62 hours, 41 minutes and 45 seconds of 2009 listening to it -- at parties, on the way to work, on the way home from school, in my sleep. I don't have to give it up just because it's 2010 now, right?
Source: out-is-through.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment