Monday, February 1, 2010

Taylor Momsen on . . .

Taylor Momsen on . . .

ON BEING A GREAT ROLE MODEL:
“To be honest, I don't fucking care. I didn’t get into this to be a role model. So I'm sorry if I’m influencing your kids in a way that you don’t like, but I can’t be responsible for their actions. I don’t care.”

ON ALMOST BEING CAST AS HANNAH MONTANA:
“Honestly, if I’d have ended up as Hannah Montana, I don’t know if the show would have gone as well. I probably would have told them all to go fuck themselves by the time I hit 11. And I don’t know how that would have gone down. It’s great for Miley, but I really like where I am right now and I feel really fortunate to be able to really be myself.”

ON WEARING GARTERS (which I didn't realize was controversial, until now):
“I like wearing garters. Apparently people think that’s a big deal, but my tights won’t stay up. So whatever you want to do with that information...”

ON MOTHERS, LIKE, CRITICIZING HER, AND HER BEING, LIKE, 16:
“My favourite blogs are where you get the mothers saying, ‘She’s the worst influence on my daughter, I would never let my daughter dress like that’, or, ‘This girl’s such a whore, she's a slut’. And I’m, like, you’re a mother! And I’m 16.”

ON WHY WE SHOULD FEEL SORRY FOR HER:
“I can’t try on a jacket without people taking pictures and posting them online. I mean, I’m 16 and I can’t get away with anything. My mother finds out everything. Other teenagers — they have lots of freedom!”

[via Times Online]

No comments:

Post a Comment