Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Celina wants to do a Bengali film now

Celina wants to do a Bengali film now

It’s one of her targets for 2010

picture: ITP Image
Celina Jaitley has already dabbled in Telugu and Kannada films and the former beauty queen now wants to work in a Bengali film, preferably one with Rituparno Ghosh.

"I have spent a lot of time in West Bengal and this is the reason I can easily associate myself with the place, culture and the language. I would really love to work in a Bengali movie because I feel they make very emotional and interesting movies," Celina told IANS in an interview.

"The way they weave stories is fascinating. They simply touch the human chord. I would love to work with Ritu-da (Rituparno Ghosh). This would be one of my targets for the next year," she said.

Celina is riding high after winning the best female actor award for her performance in the English film "Love Has No Language" at the 33rd Cairo International Film Festival (CIFF) held Nov 10-20. The movie was a New Zealand entry at the film festival.

"This year has been so good. Winning this award has been an icing on the cake. These awards work as a motivation factor and help you perform better. As the role was a bit different from the conventional roles I do, it worked," said the actress.

"I have always seen that whenever I have attempted something different, I have been appreciated," she added.

"Love Has No Language", an engaging romantic movie, was directed by Ken Khan and stars New Zealand actor Ben Mitchell as well as Hindi film actors Rati Agnihotri and Kiran Kumar.

The 28-year-old, who has featured in Hindi movies like "Janasheen", "No Entry" and "Golmaal Returns", has seven movies in her kitty and is confident that she will make her presence felt on the big screen next year.

The model-turned-actress doesn't understand why people question her if she opts to do only a few movies.

"If Aamir Khan does one movie at a time, he is applauded but if Celina Jaitley chooses to do a few movies, she is criticised. Why such disparity?" the actress asked.

Apart from acting, Celina is involved with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and is also a gay rights activist.

"In my free time, I love to work for the causes I strongly feel for. All these things are no substitute for romance but they are something that I feel responsible for," she said.

"I choose to live my life fully and it deserves appreciation," she added.

The actress will soon be seen in movies like "Accident On Hill Road", "Run Bhola Run" and "Chai Garam".

Hot Mallika Sherawat Videos From Murder Hot Scenes

Katrina Kaif
Bikini Images

Deepika Padukone Photos And Videos

Kareena Kapoor Bikini Pics From Tashan

Hot And Sizzingly Tanushree Dutta Exposing Photos

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize

No comments:

Post a Comment