"The communication and information professors, Mor Naaman and Jeffrey Boase, found that there tend to be two types of Twitter folks. The majority, or 80 percent, were what they called 'meformers' -- Twitter users who sent out messages that revolved around themselves, updating others about their activities or sharing thoughts and feelings. The other 20 percent are 'informers' -- people who were actually sharing information. Not surprisingly, the informers tended to have larger social networks and be more interactive."
If you're going to attract a swarm you gotta inform. Full study embedded below.