Saturday, March 20, 2010

Soap Star Michelle Stafford Expecting Through Surrogate

Soap Star Michelle Stafford Expecting Through Surrogate
michellestafford1.jpg
-Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images-


Are surrogates the new celebrity trend? Sarah Jessica Parker, Dance Your Ass�Off host Marissa Janet Winokur�-- and now soap star Michelle Stafford is expecting via surrogate.

"After a three-year journey through hell, I'm elated, ecstatic and feel ultimately lucky to be able to announce I'm expecting my own child via surrogate in December," the Young and the Restless actress told People.com in a statement.

Michelle,�43, is single, and has tried a variety of different options to have a baby. After�attempting artificial insemination, in vitro fertilization, and�looking into�adoption, the actress�went the surrogate�route.�"I never wavered in my desire to be a mother," she says. "But I did waiver on aspects of the process. It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life."

A baby girl is on the way for Michelle -- and�she's still looking for a guy to make her family complete.�

"This entire process has been very, very difficult to do on my own,"�she says, "and has made me realize the importance and reason for a partner."

"Dating men and telling them I'm expecting in December is a little different," she adds. "I know I just need to find someone who wants the same things as I do."�

What do you think of Michelle's�decision to take mommy matter�into her own hands? Should a woman who wants a baby�have to wait for Mr. Right to come along?


No comments:

Post a Comment