Monday, March 1, 2010

The Old Man and the Sea

The Old Man and the Sea
This picture was taken in Grand Haven, Michigan on a freezing cold day last month.  I took it with my Nikon Digital SLR D80.  Hubby was off do to the holiday, so we decided to do a one day road trip in Michigan, and he was kind enough to drive me to the west side of [...]

This picture was taken in Grand Haven, Michigan on a freezing cold day last month.  I took it with my Nikon Digital SLR D80.  Hubby was off do to the holiday, so we decided to do a one day road trip in Michigan, and he was kind enough to drive me to the west side of the state to photograph three lighthouses. 

Not only was it freezing cold, but the entire pier and railings from the sand all the way up to the lighthouse was covered in ice.  The railings were probably covered in ice around four inches thick, and quite beautiful to photograph.  I was disappointed that I couldn’t walk down the pier to get close to the lighthouse to photograph it, but my husband and I both knew it was better for me to stay alive rather than get a close up of the lighthouse, and plunge into the icy water to my possible death as I’m a total klutz.  So we played around on the beach, and walked to the shoreline.  My hubby had to feel how cold the water was so that he could let me know how deadly falling in that water would have been, had I dared it, like I had done the last lighthouse.  It was cloudy off and on all day, but at this moment, the sun had broken through the clouds to give me this shot, which I love, not only for its beauty, but because it captures my husband’s nature perfectly – inquisitive yet cautious. 

 


Filed under: Art, beauty, Detroit bloggers, Digital Photography, Hobbies, Michigan, Michigan Bloggers, Michigan Travel Destinations, nature, Nature Photography, outdoor photography, photography, photography blogs, photos, road trip, travel, Travel blogs Tagged: entertainment, Grand Haven, life, lighthouses, Nikon, Nikon D80, personal, random thoughts, THOUGHTS, Winter

No comments:

Post a Comment